GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs - Jan 13 2021 -

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ScotiaBank Arena Toronto, ONT Game  -  1/56 7pm       Joe 97 Thornton   –  Auston 34 Matthews  –  Mitchy 16 Marner Jimmy 26 Vesey  –  John 91 Tavares  –  Wil

Could be worse, noize could be here. hi nfk... how r u... me im gud. cud u teech me how u do the blurr afect on ur sigz. they r so gud... we should chat more u kno... luv u... ~ noizey ~ 

They should call it "How to spend to the cap and trade all your top draft spots and still come in last place Corner"

Sloppy game overall, but a wins a win!

After watching Thornton on that top line during the televised scrimmage game, I wasn’t a fan of the move. I still don’t like it after tonight’s game. He’s way too slow, not sure what Keefe really sees having him up there...

Brodie had an okay game. Him and Rielly will obviously need to play more to build their chemistry on ice but there were flashes as to why it should work.

Edited by Matthews34

my concern is that they were still chasing goals all night.  sure, they had to score because they were down, but idealy they need to play sound defensive hockey & generate opportunities from that.  

they played the same game tonight as they did all year last year, albeit with a bit more ‘chippyness’, which was nice. 

Anyways, happy for the win, but where was marner tonight?  with thornton on that line, matthews cant do it all himself. 

4 hours ago, Tristan28 said:

This panel of homers on CBC saying how the Simmonds fight got the leafs back in the game. Here I was thinking it was Montreal taking 3 bad penalties in the span of 3 minutes. That fight musta scrambled the marbles of the whole Habs team and made them take shit penalties.

Funny thing is Nylander said in the post game interview that was the turning point in the game and really got the boys fired up.

Simmonds certainly looks like he has more to offer than I thought. Even his foot speed looked fine to me last night!  It was Thornton who looked very out of place but it’s only one game.

have to say the steadying presence of Brodie was quite nice. Quietly went about the game and had a solid night.

Some slop play all around and bad penalties. However, my main take away from this game is a positive. The team didn't simply give up and die like they sometimes do. They played pretty consistently and it got the win. Give it a week or two for things to tighten up.

• AoR locked this topic