• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never realized you were so Patriotic.

...the silver.

Pipes, you are spot on.   Funny thing, though. After living south of the border and witnessing firsthand the rabid, radical jingoism some Americans embrace (and I'm talking behavior way beyo

8 hours ago, PIPERSMAN63 said:

25 years or so. He still has his Canadian Citizenship. I don't want to speak for him, with him not being here to correct me on this if i am wrong. @Humper

Pipes, you are spot on.

Funny thing, though. After living south of the border and witnessing firsthand the rabid, radical jingoism some Americans embrace (and I'm talking behavior way beyond cheering for your country's team and chanting U!S!A!) I have dropped from my previous level of Canadian patriotism.

Yeah, I am proud of being Canadian and I would probably "stand on guard for thee" if (1) it was warranted and (2) I was forty years younger. But being tied to that balls-to-the-wall, "my country right or wrong", "my country, love it or leave it" patriotism is a mindset I was never at ease with. And which I totally eschew today.

In short, for me it's nice if Canada wins, but nothing more.

15 hours ago, PIPERSMAN63 said:

I never realized you were so Patriotic.

Meh.

i can’t hold a group of kids responsible for the 40% of this country that hasn’t mastered a single concept past don’t shit where you eat.  

Happy for them, and their coaches.  Helluva upset.  

Also could be I’m old enough to remember when the US was actually sort of well thought of;  or at least not a total fucking joke.  

Such a great moment last night, and then it’s followed by this afternoon.  Such a shame.

30 minutes ago, Doc J said:

Meh.

i can’t hold a group of kids responsible for the 40% of this country that hasn’t mastered a single concept past don’t shit where you eat.  

Happy for them, and their coaches.  Helluva upset.  

Also could be I’m old enough to remember when the US was actually sort of well thought of;  or at least not a total fucking joke.  

Such a great moment last night, and then it’s followed by this afternoon.  Such a shame.

I was actually just giving you a hard time.  Baby Donald is just trying to make America Great Again.

19 minutes ago, Doc J said:

I figured that was the case. 

You're always good with me, Pipes.

I have to watch myself though. People like Bush and Trump make me think negatively about Americans. Not sure if you were around when i mentioned i have distant cousins living in California? Anyway, these are like 3rd and 4th cousins. They treated us like gold when we went to visit them Treated us like very close family members.

Edited by PIPERSMAN63
On 1/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, Humper said:

Pipes, you are spot on.

Funny thing, though. After living south of the border and witnessing firsthand the rabid, radical jingoism some Americans embrace (and I'm talking behavior way beyond cheering for your country's team and chanting U!S!A!) I have dropped from my previous level of Canadian patriotism.

Yeah, I am proud of being Canadian and I would probably "stand on guard for thee" if (1) it was warranted and (2) I was forty years younger. But being tied to that balls-to-the-wall, "my country right or wrong", "my country, love it or leave it" patriotism is a mindset I was never at ease with. And which I totally eschew today.

In short, for me it's nice if Canada wins, but nothing more.

Blasphemy !!! God Wills it !!!

Edited by Wilma Fingerdo