Leafs interested in Korpisalo ?

you heard it here first

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/oct-2020/leafs-interested-in-korpisalo#.X3lMqzgv0FI.twitter

You can discuss, but I predict that you would rather shoot it down. 

You decide.

I heard another rumor that CAR wants Andersen and that KD wants D. Hamilton for him. It will  likely take more than Andersen I would imagine...

19 minutes ago, AoR said:

I saw the discussion about Anderson for Hamilton on Reddit, it would be an interesting trade but both seems to be dead in the water at the moment.

As for Korpisalo, I'd take him but at what price?

Good question. Korpisalo is at a good price (2.8 million at 2 more years). If Dubas wants to platoon him and Campbell, then this is the right budget. 

I don't see too many cap issues with CBJ, but who knows? Their owner might have an internal cap. Perhaps TOR could get him for future considerations or a 3rd round draft pick?

37 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

He put up a .911 during the regular season in front of that much better defense.

I don’t know, this thread screams recency bias.

Recency Bias? 

I think the emotions of a calculator and a spread sheet are at play here. Calculators have no biases whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

He put up a .911 during the regular season in front of that much better defense.

I don’t know, this thread screams recency bias.

Either way - he's 5 years younger and he's cheaper so I dont really see the problem.

And yeah, their defense is better. Even if he had a 0 save percentage.

41 minutes ago, Woke Joe Biden said:

Breaking news, Leafs need new goalie because they can't score in the playoffs.

This. 

I'm just looking at him being younger and cheaper than Andy, since we're fucked for cap space available. Other than that, like Ive said many times, on any team with a little better defense, Andy's good. He's already fine on the current Leafs team.

This is exactly what the Leafs should be doing right now, flexing their financial flexibility by being able to take on a contract like Dubinsky. That alone would lower Korpisalo's value. Then you flip Andersen for a defenceman. I don't think you'll be able to get Hamilton without adding quite a bit from our end, maybe that 1st round draft pick is included in that deal?

4 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Doesn't anyone want to see what Andersen looks like with a serviceable defense in front of him before casting him overboard?

Leafs need to focus on D.

Andersen doesn't have to prove himself at all. 

I just think his name is out there because TOR won't be able to afford him next season.