Jump to content

2020 offseason.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We need to be tougher to play against so I'll draft the white man's version of Gary Coleman.

So where are all the trades that’re supposed to be furiously occurring?  How will free-agency period go if no one’s made any pre-emptive moves?  How do you dole up big money with a ton of contrac

Take a shot every time Burke describes one of these kids as “thick bodied”

This offseason is about to either be lit af or a giant case of blue balls. 

The goalie carousel, Arizona selling off everything that isn't tied down, the Alberta teams trying to not suck, possible Eichel rumblings, the Hall and Pietrangelo sweepstakes. Shit could be great... but probably won't 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

now that it’s official, who’s taking MAF’s contract cap hit?  

otherwise there’s no way they can be in on petro.

Even then, I doubt anyone is going to take on the full 7M cap hit.

The only team I can think of that needs a goalie and can stomach his contract is Detroit.

Edited by Morrison7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raiden said:

Detroit doesn't need him. They aren't competing. If they take him, Vegas is paying a premium for it 

might be a good idea to have a somewhat decent goaltender to see them through the rebuild, it’s not like it would lift them outta the bottom 5, so perhaps they should look towards a goaltending upgrade.  

if I were detroit i’d want something longer term tho, like 4-5 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

might be a good idea to have a somewhat decent goaltender to see them through the rebuild, it’s not like it would lift them outta the bottom 5, so perhaps they should look towards a goaltending upgrade.  

if I were detroit i’d want something longer term tho, like 4-5 years.

That cap hit is an anchor. Detroit can just pursue one of the many UFA goalies hitting the market and pay much less than MAFs cap. 

 

Vegas has to pay Detroit to take it, or retain salary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Detroit has 25.7M in cap space with only Bertuzzi and Mantha worth re-signing. Larkin and Abdelkader (lol) are currently their only players signed past 2021-22.

MAF's cap hit wouldn't be an issue, but it's incredibly unlikely he waives his NTC to go there anyways. 🤷‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

It’s been a week since Detroit did the Rangers a favour by taking Staal’s 5.7M cap hit off their hands. The Rangers also gave up a 2nd. Vegas could do the same if they’re willing.

Again, unlikely.

There aren't a lot of d men hitting the market. There are, like, 4 goalies hitting the market right now, all will come in significantly cheaper than 7 million and 5.7 million 

 

They aren't taking him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fleury is definitely not attractive at that price at all. It's going to cost Vegas to move that cap hit. And don't think GMs don't have a sour taste in their mouth after Vegas' killing at the expansion draft.  Nobody is doing them any favours at all.  Pay up or be stuck with that cap hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1_new_name said:

Fleury is definitely not attractive at that price at all. It's going to cost Vegas to move that cap hit. And don't think GMs don't have a sour taste in their mouth after Vegas' killing at the expansion draft.  Nobody is doing them any favours at all.  Pay up or be stuck with that cap hit.

I cant say I disagree. Fleury at 7m in this flat cap world ain't ideal. Good point about the expansion draft. Another reason why I could see him back in Pit. Rutherford loves reacquiring players, and a Fleury/Jarry tandem at a combined 11m isn't the worst thing in the world 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tristan28 said:

Calgary wants a goalie apparently. I think they pay more than the Pens. I think their cup chances are about as good too. 

Whats Fleurys no trade protection like? Cause I'm pretty sure he said no to Calagry before he went to Vegas 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Whats Fleurys no trade protection like? Cause I'm pretty sure he said no to Calagry before he went to Vegas 

Not sure. Things may have changes tho. I think he has a better show at being the starter in Calgary, if that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Whats Fleurys no trade protection like? Cause I'm pretty sure he said no to Calagry before he went to Vegas 

Player submits a 10 team no trade list.

 

Just now, Tristan28 said:

Not sure. Things may have changes tho. I think he has a better show at being the starter in Calgary, if that matters.

Calgary's cap situation moving forward though... not great.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flames

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...