Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

6 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

yeah, I tend to agree, but then on the other hand he was *on-pace* for what, 16 goals? and only actually scored 8 goals last season. and then did put up 0 goals and 0 points in the playoffs, so then i think, why does he derserve anything more then 1-1.2?

He doesn't based on his play post-injury but that's why I said it's worth the risk.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hobarth said:

I believe that after arbitration neither the player or team can walk away from the settlement, the only option is that the team can decide whether the settlement is for 1 or 2 years.

Because it was Soup who chose to go the arbitration route, the Leafs get to pick the length of the deal.

Just get a cheap two-year deal done and worry about his next contract in two years.

Edited by Morrison7
2 minutes ago, NotCool said:

Have we got below market value on a single player yet? Not including vets or reclamation projects.

Why is this important? Is it your money? Does it affect how you watch the game? Why are you more concerned about the product than the people actually building the team? Oh yeah it is just an opinion not like it gets anywhere.

1 minute ago, Anger Management said:

Why is this important? Is it your money? Does it affect how you watch the game? Why are you more concerned about the product than the people actually building the team? Oh yeah it is just an opinion not like it gets anywhere.

?

Just now, Anger Management said:

If it’s just an opinion - why are you worked up over it? Lol.

5 minutes ago, NotCool said:

Have we got below market value on a single player yet? Not including vets or reclamation projects.

Brodie’s deal was pretty solid imo.

its been a curious off season, not including the crazy world outside the door.

a team that was on the trajectory of a fast skilled based team, with a coach that demanded structure and hard to play against style, fired the coach, and brought in a coach that would be a better fit with the fast skilled team, then get chased in a qualifying round by a team that was hard to play against and immediately do an about face and bring in players that are harder to play against while shipping out a good chunk of skill and speed.

1 minute ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

its been a curious off season, not including the crazy world outside the door.

a team that was on the trajectory of a fast skilled based team, with a coach that demanded structure and hard to play against style, fired the coach, and brought in a coach that would be a better fit with the fast skilled team, then get chased in a qualifying round by a team that was hard to play against and immediately do an about face and bring in players that are harder to play against while shipping out a good chunk of skill and speed.

Kapanen and Johnsson were just so good last season. I think they’ll survive without them.

Edited by Morrison7
15 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Kappy was alright we are gonna miss those shorthanded breakaways lol.

He didn’t have a good season outside the stretch he had after his healthy scratch. I hate that the last memory I’ll have of him is stopping on a breakaway looking to make a pass.

11 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

i was focused more on the direction change of management and team philosophy than individual players achievements.

Drafting skill and acquiring grit via trade or FA isn’t new or an insurgence of different thinking. Hasn’t that always been the plan?

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

34 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

In a bad mood today, AM?