Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Posted Images

So, if we truly are done the question is:

Is Brodie + Bogosian better than Barrie and Ceci? (and before you say a resounding "YES" remember how we all felt about our shiny new toys last offseason with those two..)

Because I don't think we've upgraded our D as much as we need to. The forwards we added also aren't exactly defensively sound, either. 

Edited by §andman
6 minutes ago, §andman said:

Is Brodie + Bogosian better than Barrie and Ceci? (and before you say a resounding "YES" remember how we all felt about our shiny new toys last offseason with those two..)

It's a "resounding YES", come on. 

47 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

There needs to be a trade. There isn't enough cap space available to sign both Dermott and Mikheyev right now.

They’re not getting as much as you think they are.

45 minutes ago, §andman said:

Because I don't think we've upgraded our D as much as we need to. The forwards we added also aren't exactly defensively sound, either. 

Did anyone aside from Tie and Puq really have any high hopes for Ceci? Like...

Edited by Morrison7
2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

They’re not getting as much as you think they are.

Did anyone aside from Tie really have any high hopes for Ceci? Like...

I don't expect either to really get much to begin with. Mikheyev, 1 year at 1 million and Dermott I'm hoping we can sign for 2 years at 1.25 per.

15 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

They're two completely different players, but last year’s Laine isn’t better than Marner despite the lack of fucks given by the latter. That big cap discount isn’t going to exist much longer when he’s a RFA next summer.

Exactly why I said if he signs for less. We don't need to replace an overpaid assist machine with an overpaid goal machine, we need value for money.

9 hours ago, Matthews34 said:

I really hope Marner is dedicating this off-season into building some muscle. He's probably got one of the weakest shots in the game. Not to mention how much criticism he received due to his poor play, he needs to bounce back strong.

Build Back Better folks, and that's the truth.

9 hours ago, §andman said:

As long as we are not 1 injury away from Marincin and Holl playing bigger minutes  

For now Brodie, Bogosian, and Holl make an ok right side. If we need an upgrade from Holl then I would hope Dubas trades for a RHD at the deadline. 

If any of you have seen Marincin play for the Marlies you would say that he is pretty solid. He's just not good in the NHL unless he's 8 or 9 min on the bottom pair. He's just a career #7 D. 

As for Holl he's a 5/6 D, but just not a top 4 D. Not yet anyway. 

15 hours ago, §andman said:

14 hours ago, 1_new_name said:

It's a "resounding YES", come on. 

Agreed.

But the bar is so low a snake would have trouble doing the limbo.

2 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

so let’s split the difference at 2 years at 1.3 mil.

That's not splitting the difference if you're splitting hairs.

The injury is definitely going to play into this as he hasn't proven his worth over a full season, nor his full recovery. Two years at 1.25 or we'll sign another geezer instead.

7 minutes ago, Woke Joe Biden said:

That's not splitting the difference if you're splitting hairs.

The injury is definitely going to play into this as he hasn't proven his worth over a full season, nor his full recovery. Two years at 1.25 or we'll sign another geezer instead.

How about Geezer Butler?

According to CapFriendly TO has $1.49 mil. cap space right now, this is with 7 d-men counting against the cap. 2 of those d-men can be demoted to the "A" like Sandin and Lehtonen which would add another $1.8 mil. to the cap space total which means TO could have $3.5 mil. of cap space. Mikheyev probably will get around $1.8 which leaves $1.5 for Dermott, very doable, I'd say.  

Normally an arbitrator will split the difference between what the team is offering, TO at $1 mil., and what the player is asking for. Mikheyev, $2.7 mil. Mikheyev doesn't have enough of a caser to perhaps even justify asking for so much so he might get even less.

4 hours ago, hobarth said:

According to CapFriendly TO has $1.49 mil. cap space right now, this is with 7 d-men counting against the cap. 2 of those d-men can be demoted to the "A" like Sandin and Lehtonen which would add another $1.8 mil. to the cap space total which means TO could have $3.5 mil. of cap space. Mikheyev probably will get around $1.8 which leaves $1.5 for Dermott, very doable, I'd say.  

Normally an arbitrator will split the difference between what the team is offering, TO at $1 mil., and what the player is asking for. Mikheyev, $2.7 mil. Mikheyev doesn't have enough of a caser to perhaps even justify asking for so much so he might get even less.

I agree. He looked good briefly, but also had some bad stretches when asked to do too much. Then he got injured. I don't think he deserves more than Derm yet.

54 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

i wonder if it isn't prudent to simply walk away from mikeyev at 1.6-1.8 simply because, while that is pretty fair, there are so many bargains out there currently that we could pick up for 1 mil or 700k?

I'd certainly explore the options.

There might be someone out there who is cheaper and more effective.

But Dubas says he's done, and I believe him

Edited by JockDent
49 minutes ago, 1_new_name said:

Mikheyev pre injury is worth well north of the middle point of those two numbers   paying him somewhere around 1.6-1.8 is a risk worth taking.

yeah, I tend to agree, but then on the other hand he was *on-pace* for what, 16 goals? and only actually scored 8 goals last season. and then did put up 0 goals and 0 points in the playoffs, so then i think, why does he derserve anything more then 1-1.2?

Edited by Dog Taker