Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, StepOnYou said:

Why do like to think about me? I don't think about you at all. 

Other then posting about the Maple Leafs you love to type my username. 

Why?

Remind me, who’s the smooth brain that suggested they should trade Johnsson or Kapanen for Hainsey again? 

It seems like there's too many players now that qualify as bottom 6. Are a couple of players moving out?

Too many depth players, what a terrible problem to have. 

And no. 

It seems like there's too many players now that qualify as bottom 6. Are a couple of players moving out?

maybe. but if, say, barabanov sits until injury or a failure to perform from other bottom 6ers, i have no problem with that.   most good teams have those depth options that can actually come up and play nhl hockey.

20 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

maybe. but if, say, barabanov sits until injury or a failure to perform from other bottom 6ers, i have no problem with that.   most good teams have those depth options that can actually come up and play nhl hockey.

Barabanov has an out clause to head back to Europe if he doesn't make the Leafs. I think he's either playing or heading back to the KHL.

3 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

Barabanov has an out clause to head back to Europe if he doesn't make the Leafs. I think he's either playing or heading back to the KHL.

Barabanov has an European assignment clause, so the Leafs can assign/loan him to play elsewhere if he doesn’t make the NHL. The Leafs could recall him back at any point from said assignment IIRC.

39 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Remind me, who’s the smooth brain that suggested they should trade Johnsson or Kapanen for Hainsey again? 

Too many depth players, what a terrible problem to have. 

And no. 

You seem to think that I'm the only leaf fan who ever appreciated Ron Hainsey. You're dead wrong. Leaf fans are diverse and not just gamers and fantasy hockey types.

That still doesn't answer your bigger issue: your obsession with StepOnYou.

Edited by StepOnYou
5 minutes ago, StepOnYou said:

You seem to think that I'm the only leaf fan who ever appreciated Ron Hainsey. You're dead wrong. Leaf fans are diverse and not just gamers and fantasy hockey types.

That still doesn't answer your bigger issue: your obsession with StepOnYou.

No, you’re just the only idiot to suggest trading young talent for him though.

Electricity and ham.

6 minutes ago, Tristan28 said:

I heard Laine sucks at fortnite. No go.

As if Marner being better wasn’t already a deal-breaker, this is icing on the cake.

I wonder why stupid people who have spent more time developing their defence-mechanisms than their knowledge-base or minds always accuse people who correct their obvious twaddle of being 'obsessed' with them.

Edited by David M. Sutton
3 hours ago, Woke Joe Biden said:

One final deal to make. Marner for Laine, if he'll sign for a million less a year.

Gross. If we think Marner is one dimensional, wait till we see Laine at $9m. When he's not scoring goals (which is often) he's the definition of useless. Plus the locker room drama he's caused in Winnipeg. I wouldn't take him for free at the cap hit he'll get

29 minutes ago, David M. Sutton said:

I wonder why stupid people who have spent more time developing their defence-mechanisms than their knowledge-base minds always accuse people who correct their obvious twaddle of being 'obsessed' with them.

Because they didn’t get enough hugs from their parents, potentially dads.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Kerfoot - Thornton - Robertson
Engvall - Spezza - Barbanov

extras: Vesey, Simmonds, Anderson

I look at this forward group and I'm just not impressed. The skill is there, thats for sure. Maybe try AM or JT on Thornton's wing. But no matter how you set the lineup (Really anyone outside of Matthews/Tavares/Nylander/Marner/Hyman is interchangeable) there aren't any real shut down lines and no real PKers (I guess Kerfoot-Engvall could be a unit, but they shouldn't be your go to guys for that). Who shuts down the opposing team's top line? Who's going out there with a 1 goal lead with a minute left in the 3rd?

15 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Who's going out there with a 1 goal lead with a minute left in the 3rd?

Marner - Matthews - Tavares/Hyman
Rielly - Brodie (or Muzzin) 

Matthews is pretty underrated defensively. The way he's able to strip the puck off other players and control the play makes him a great choice. He's solid on the draw as well. Hyman is a good choice for obvious reasons and Marner is ok on the PK so he'd be fine in the last minute. 

I agree with the PK - I am assuming it's Vesey/Kerfoot, Hyman/Marner, Mikheyev/?? One of the last F spots will go to a guy who can PK responsibly. 

Not a good group by any means, though. 

Zach Hyman Auston Matthews Mitch Marner
Alexander Kerfoot John Tavares William Nylander
Nick Robertson Joe Thornton Ilya Mikheyev
Jimmy Vesey Jason Spezza Wayne Simmonds

Zach Hyman      Auston Matthews Mitch Marner
Ilya Mikheyev     John Tavares William Nylander
Jimmy Vesey       Alexander Kerfoot Wayne Simmonds

Alexander Barabanov 

Joe Thornton Jason Spezza
Alexander Kerfoot Auston Matthews Zach Hyman
Ilya Mikheyev John Tavares Mitch Marner