Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

12 minutes ago, §andman said:

Anyways, I don't entirely hate having Thornton. I think he and Spezza will rotate in and out often along with somebody else who might be struggling. I doubt we see both dressed for many games too often. I guess it depends on our cap room and whether we can carry a 13th forward. 

I think our core needs another voice or two in there. I just don't see a true leader in Tavares.

Albeit, Jumbo Joe doesn't really have a successful resume in terms of winning it all. 

Maybe they sign Chara next!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, PIPERSMAN63 said:

I don't mind a few Geezers on the team. But how many do we need?

If they can still play, who cares? They have two players over 35 making league minimum.

Like this team evidently lacked some veteran presence and experience, they add some, and now we’re questioning how much they need?

Edited by Morrison7
3 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

If they can still play, who cares? They have two players over 35 making league minimum.

Like this team evidently lacked some veteran presence and experience, they add some, and now we’re questioning how much they need? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

It was in Jest. But whatever.

33 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Like this team evidently lacked some veteran presence and experience, they add some, and now we’re questioning how much they need?

There's no winning with Leaf fans lol

2 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Can't wait to see Thornton dish'n to Matthews on the pp.

gonna be gold ffs

Could be. Even if Robertson makes the team, having him play along side Thornton could be real nice especially for Robertson's development.

So;

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Vesey - Kerfoot - Robertson 
Barabanov - Spezza/Thornton - Simmonds

Is my early prediction. Spezza/Thornton rotation. Robertson sits some games as well, maybe even Barabanov. 

I'm thinking Engvall gets dealt (too soon, but 1.2M might be too rich for this roster as sad as that sounds). 

Still have Korshkov and Anderson who could impress. Might be a toss up between those two and Barabanov/Robertson. 

14 minutes ago, §andman said:

So;

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Vesey - Kerfoot - Robertson 
Barabanov - Spezza/Thornton - Simmonds

Is my early prediction. Spezza/Thornton rotation. Robertson sits some games as well, maybe even Barabanov. 

I'm thinking Engvall gets dealt (too soon, but 1.2M might be too rich for this roster as sad as that sounds). 

Still have Korshkov and Anderson who could impress. Might be a toss up between those two and Barabanov/Robertson. 

Engvall is waiver exempt and would count for 125K against the cap if sent down IIRC. He'd be good injury insurance. Pretty happy they have more quality options to work with this season.