Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

I think the Leafs are dealing with their defensive log jam. I heard yesterday that Holl has a limited NMC. What the heck? 

It seems to me that Dermott could possibly get traded after his contract gets sorted out. Perhaps Holl is traded?

I heard an interesting stat about Bogosian: He played 19 min. of the elimination/cup winning game against Dallas, which means that (if still capable) could play the 5/6 role. Possibly in the top 4. 

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

With how bad this team has been defensively over the past few decades, they can never have too many defencemen.

Yes. Accept that there is a salary cap in the NHL. Toronto is looking at about 10 deep in their D-depth. I think that's great, but KD might want about 8, and with a bit of flexibility to adjust his team at the trade deadline. 

With how bad this team has been defensively over the past few decades, they can never have too many defencemen.

I just hope quantity gives us Quality this time. In 2007-2008 we had McCabe, Kaberle, Gill, Kubina, White, Krownwall, Stralaman, and Colaiacavo. All of those are NHL quality player (except maybe Krownwall?) and they didn't do too much for us.

Edited by Tristan28
1 hour ago, Tristan28 said:

I just hope quantity gives us Quality this time. In 2007-2008 we had McCabe, Kaberle, Gill, Kubina, White, Krownwall, Stralaman, and Colaiacavo. All of those are NHL quality player (except maybe Krownwall?) and they didn't do too much for us.

Certainly doesn’t help when Toskala is your starter and most of those guys were older than our current defensive core.

Stralman was also just a prospect at the time and frankly, Burke gave up on him too soon.

Edited by Morrison7

Certainly doesn’t help when Toskala is your starter and most of those guys were older than our current defensive core.

Stralman was also just a prospect at the time and frankly, Burke gave up on him too soon.

Dermott 👀

15 minutes ago, David M. Sutton said:

FWIW, you can't validly run about screaming about recency bias and then dump on Marner because he was sub-par last year.

When you're the highest paid player in the league , which Marner was last season,  people are going to bash you for being sub-par.

7 minutes ago, crazyray79 said:

When you're the highest paid player in the league , which Marner was last season,  people are going to bash you for being sub-par.

That's an entirely different line of reasoning, though. 

100% you can say he had a bad year and that's unacceptable given his payrate. You can't (validly) say that one sub-par seasons means that he's "shit".

42 minutes ago, crazyray79 said:

This. Marner unfortunately Doesnt get the benefit of being called sub-par. He lost that.

2 hours ago, The Leaf said:

Mirtle reported in the Athletic this afternoon that we've touched base with Jumbo Joe.

but where is this guy gonna play?  

we got vesey, kerfoot, simmonds, then barabanov, spezza, anderson.   Then you’ve got engval that has to fit into those 6 spots too.  Plus we’re assuming robertson & boyd are in the AHL.    where does thornton fit?

9 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

but where is this guy gonna play?  

we got vesey, kerfoot, simmonds, then barabanov, spezza, anderson.   Then you’ve got engval that has to fit into those 6 spots too.  Plus we’re assuming robertson & boyd are in the AHL.    where does thornton fit?

Engvall is waiver exempt and Robertson isn't eligible to play in the AHL, it's either the NHL or OHL for him. I can see Anderson being the first forward up due to injury. Korshkov, Malgin, Agostino, and Petan are options as well if they really want to dig deep.

Edited by Morrison7
1 minute ago, Dog Taker said:

unless you run

vesey - kerfoot - simmonds

spezza -thornton - anderson, might be decent

engval comes in & out as injuries & position is needed

Mirtle mentioned it in his article, they tried it this past year so I could see them give it a shot but roll Kerfoot on JTs wing

Kerfoot- JT- Nylander

Mikheyev Thornton Simmonds/Vessy/Robertson/Whoever