Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An N’Sync fanboy?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

Posted Images

Dubas has done pretty good so far. I don't think he's finished tinkering this roster just yet either.

Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Bogosian, Lethonen, Dermott, Holl and even Sandin is a lot of defencemen battling for 6 spots.

Even upfront with Matthews, Hyman, Nylander, Tavares, Marner, Mikheyev, Vesey, Kerfoot, Simmonds, Engvall, Anderson, Spezza, Barabanov, and Korshkov is a bit of a log jam as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade coming sometime this week.

5 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Lol.

Marner is garbage?

Geezus, there are maybe 5 players in the league that don't wish they had his edge work and touch on the puck.

He had a down season after signing a monster contract. 

Try not to be so short sighted.

I realize that all the social media warriors are pushing this narrative, but they're idiots that don't know hockey. Try watching and understanding the game before forming these ridiculous opinions.

Marner was without a doubt one of the most entertaining, exciting players I had ever seen play.

Unfortunately, he didn't play well last year, for whatever reason.

Hopefully, he returns to his old(young) self this coming year

6 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

He had a down season after signing a monster contract. 

Yeah garbage or down season... same thing. He was shit is the bottom line. And since he is supposed to be an elite player, a player that can carry the team, he gets judged for it. He’s not a random player, he’s (supposed to be) a star player- that hopefully only had a down year, yes. He better, like Dubas, make a complete 180 this season, Dubas has already been doing very impressive work so far.

I’m sorry the word ‘garbage’ sounds mean, but it is what it is, however you want to twist the word, bottom line - he was shit

12 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

Dubas has done pretty good so far. I don't think he's finished tinkering this roster just yet either.

Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Bogosian, Lethonen, Dermott, Holl and even Sandin is a lot of defencemen battling for 6 spots.

Even upfront with Matthews, Hyman, Nylander, Tavares, Marner, Mikheyev, Vesey, Kerfoot, Simmonds, Engvall, Anderson, Spezza, Barabanov, and Korshkov is a bit of a log jam as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade coming sometime this week.

Squeeze in Weegar and I think we’re set, Dubas’ work is done and then its up to the players and coach.

3 hours ago, JockDent said:

I don't think Vesey came to the Leafs because he wanted to, like Spezza. I also don't think he would have signed for $700,000 unless he was desperate.

As I said, for $700,000, it's worth the gamble, but he might not make the team.

vesey certainly doesn’t have the same cache, but whatever.  if he fits well on the 3rd line, it’s a great value, if not, if anderson fits better, well, great too. whoever doesnt fit well wont count against the cap regardless.

2 hours ago, PIPERSMAN63 said:

So we didn't sign AP. We still have improved the roster.

And even better, Boston got worse!

3 hours ago, brocto said:

Squeeze in Weegar and I think we’re set, Dubas’ work is done and then its up to the players and coach.

There's a couple good options out there. If Dubas goes through the trade route, Weegar and Roy would be really good options. If he's still looking at the UFA market, I'm curious to see what Hamonic ends up getting...

30 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

There's a couple good options out there. If Dubas goes through the trade route, Weegar and Roy would be really good options. If he's still looking at the UFA market, I'm curious to see what Hamonic ends up getting...

Jan Rutta could be another cheap depth option if they go the FA route. Shoots right and solid possession-wise at 5v5.