Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

This is when you know the love for each other is stronger than our love for the Leafs....congratulations Step and JD hope all works well for you two.

I don’t understand half of these references,  but it seems to me that many people here are trying to win at the internet. It's just a hockey discussion forum. Perhaps some of us want our preferences to prevail, and they have. A lot of people here are scrambling because this offseason Dubas has changed his tune. No longer are we going to see light stick checking and perimeter possession stat padding.

Be cool everyone. Change is good.

Edited by StepOnYou
3 hours ago, Matthews34 said:

The only thing you can really argue is that with the injury history of Bogosian he may only play 25 games in the season. I still think/hope there's another trade coming to bring in Weegar.

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Weegar

Lethonen - Bogosian

I'd be real happy with that blueline...

i think it’ll be more like:

rielly - brodie

muzzin - dermott

lethonen - bogo & hall on rotation

i really like dermott, and i think we lose sight of his age because of how used to him we all are.

2 hours ago, StepOnYou said:

I like some of these moves. I don't think Kyle is done. I do think that there might be one more top 4 D RHD to get. He can possibly do that towards the trade deadline or if the opportunity is there he'll pull the trigger.

I still think the LHD log jam is a bit of an issue. He either will move on from Dermott or he'll use Sandin in a trade. I get the feeling that Liljegrin may never get an opportunity with TOR. 

Rielly Brodie

Muzzin ______

Lindholm Holl

Sandin Bogosian

I think that Bogosian will be used like Tampa used him: number 6/7. I really like Holl, but he's just a 5/6.

i hope sandin & lil stay down in the ahl, imo they just arent ready and these call ups that put them in situations i dont think they’re ready for doesnt help their development. 

59 minutes ago, JockDent said:

Any chance Joey Anderson makes the team?

i think anderson was more than just a whatever piece, & I do think he’ll start the season on the 3rd or 4th line.

Just now, Dog Taker said:

i think anderson was more than just a whatever piece, & I do think he’ll start the season on the 3rd or 4th line.

Yeah, nobody has mentioned it, but I read that he has a chip on his shoulder, skates very well, and doesn't take chances. 

Maybe he's part of the "harder to play against" movement?

8 minutes ago, JockDent said:

Yeah, maybe he can take Andersen's place in net. Then we have 5 mil to sign Weegar , you cretin.

Interesting. Hope Dubas listens, otherwise you’ll have another, totally invalid, excuse to blame Dubas for something and be completely wrong again.

7 minutes ago, 1_new_name said:

I think 5M is a little steep for Weegar?  Maybe 3.5M at the most?

Definitely not more than 3.5/4m he’s, like Mikheyev waiting for their salary arbitration.. but then Ceci got like 4.5m so..

this article says between 3.5 - 4m for 4 years, thats a friggin steal imo..

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/editorinleaf.com/2020/10/09/toronto-maple-leafs-mackenzie-weeger/amp/

Edited by brocto
21 minutes ago, brocto said:

Interesting. Hope Dubas listens, otherwise you’ll have another, totally invalid, excuse to blame Dubas for something and be completely wrong again.

Well, at least I never had an opinion on Brodie, and still don't.

Unlike you, who was ready to commit suicide if Brodie was acquired, and then completely flip flopped when Army gave the thumbs up on him. duh

Just now, JockDent said:

Well, at least I never had an opinion on Brodie, and still don't.

Unlike you, who was ready to commit suicide if Brodie was acquired, and then completely flip flopped when Army gave the thumbs up on him. duh

Relax buddy, i didnt give thumbs up, I’ve from the beginning said that I’ve read that he’s a Gardiner type, from Calgary fans. I personally haven’t paid much attention to his play, so I haven’t given him ‘thumbs up’. 

I’m just happy that Dubas isn’t sitting on his ass, like some say, and is actually trying to fix this shit. And of course we can only judge after we’ve seen this team play.

35 minutes ago, brocto said:

Definitely not more than 3.5/4m he’s, like Mikheyev waiting for their salary arbitration.. but then Ceci got like 4.5m so..

this article says between 3.5 - 4m for 4 years, thats a friggin steal imo..

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/editorinleaf.com/2020/10/09/toronto-maple-leafs-mackenzie-weeger/amp/

Ottawa gave Ceci his QO prior to the trade and the only person who could walk away from it was Ceci himself.

There’s no precedent for guys like Mikheyev in arbitration when he played only 39 games. I don’t think he’ll get paid as much as we expect. Same with Dermott.

15 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Ottawa gave Ceci his QO prior to the trade and the only person who could walk away from it was Ceci himself.

There’s no precedent for guys like Mikheyev in arbitration when he played only 39 games. I don’t think he’ll get paid as much as we expect. Same with Dermott.

Oh yeah, mik’s arbitration is good for the Leafs if anything, so Dubas doesn’t have the option to overpay him. Not too worried about their(mik and dermott) contracts really..

11 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

You love to hear it. 

I prefer to see it though, words are easy. Look at Mitchy-poo. Big words, takes a dump and cries on the ice.

But love to see it and hopefully he succeeds.

4 hours ago, brocto said:

‘Too much to ask at this time’

Ehhh... if you ever paid any attention, like any at all, instead of being a whiny little bitch, you would know he is far from done. Dubas can flip the entire roster and your fat Cheeto keyboard warrior fingers would still find words to whine like a bitch.

4 hours ago, JockDent said:

"You are a piece of shit and you are not bright enough to be funny."

Step's most accurate post EVER!

Were you offended because I told Morrie to STFU, you ass-licker?

You're a fuckin coward, you only pile on when others have initiated. 

Settle down, children.

8 hours ago, 1_new_name said:

Beodie is a legit #2 and Bogosian possibly a top 4. What the fuck isn't there to like, like? Lol.  Jesus christ.  The defense appears to be improved significantly and for a total of 6M dollars and you're all wwll I don't like, like it but if we could a #5 defenseman then I'd love it👍

You've got it mixed up. Bogosian is the 6th/7th defenseman. 

The defense has improved significantly by removing Ceci and Barrie alone. Brodie will be the new whipping boy soon enough. He's a more defensive Jake Gardiner type whipping boy.