Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

We have the assets to aquire Weegar, whether that's making a package around Dermott, Engvall and a pick or Liljegren and a higher pick hopefully Dubas can pull that off. We'd finally be able to say we have a legitimate blueline.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, NotCool said:

You would think our D is better this year but we'll still see. 

Bogosian (in Buffalo) and Brodie have massive brain fart moments so I don't really like it like it. But I'll be fine giving this d core a chance. 

One thing you cant say is Dubas doesnt make changes and try to adapt. We're injecting some grit into our lineup. If we get Weeger somehow we have a legitimately solid d core. 

Bogo in Buffalo was a toxic situation. They didn't want him, he didn't want to be there. His time in Tampa is more along the lines of what he's capable of 

6 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

i really think moving dermott will end up being a mistake tbh.     he's also gonna come in under 1.5.... he has no arb rights.

He had some brutal stretches when Rielly and Muzzin were in and out of the lineup due to injury too.

9 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

i really think moving dermott will end up being a mistake tbh.     he's also gonna come in under 1.5.... he has no arb rights.

I too think Dermott has a higher ceiling than Holl, but if we have to lose him to get Weegar, i'm okay with it. But again, why would Florida want Dermott or Holl, when they signed Gudas....

3 minutes ago, brocto said:

I too think Dermott has a higher ceiling than Holl, but if we have to lose him to get Weegar, i'm okay with it. But again, why would Florida want Dermott or Holl, when they signed Gudas....

Dermott and Holl will make less than Weegar and they have an internal cap like other small-market teams.

Then again, we’re talking about a team with a 70M mistake in net so who knows.

1 hour ago, LRFE said:

This is the thing I'm most excited about in recent years. Players actually want to play here again. 

1 hour ago, 1_new_name said:

GREAT Signing. Dubas is fucking killing it right now.

I can say, unequivocally that THIS is a signing I'm happy about. Literally a no-risk move to have a guy like this on a 1-year deal for peanuts. I've now gone from cynical to excited about this free agency season. Dubas has done well.

10 hours ago, brocto said:

Man... Babcock screwed him over so much lol he went from most likely cash in long term on a team to this.... Not sure how he'll do in Edmonton with their garbage defense/goalies... Last thing they need is an offensive defender, but.. oh well..

Yes, I don’t think Tyson Barrie is a good fit in Edmonton but as long as he isn’t coming back to the Leafs, I’m okay with it.

9 minutes ago, Artie_Gee said:

Yes, I don’t think Tyson Barrie is a good fit in Edmonton but as long as he isn’t coming back to the Leafs, I’m okay with it.

i think aspects of his game will fit in really nicely in edm, but it wont help them come playoffs time when the game gets heavy.... in fact it will make things worse, but whatever, edm needs to simply start making the playoffs.

5 hours ago, NotCool said:

You would think our D is better this year but we'll still see. 

Bogosian (in Buffalo) and Brodie have massive brain fart moments so I don't really like it like it. But I'll be fine giving this d core a chance. 

One thing you cant say is Dubas doesnt make changes and try to adapt. We're injecting some grit into our lineup. If we get Weeger somehow we have a legitimately solid d core. 

Beodie is a legit #2 and Bogosian possibly a top 4. What the fuck isn't there to like, like? Lol.  Jesus christ.  The defense appears to be improved significantly and for a total of 6M dollars and you're all wwll I don't like, like it but if we could a #5 defenseman then I'd love it👍

3 hours ago, 1_new_name said:

Beodie is a legit #2 and Bogosian possibly a top 4. What the fuck isn't there to like, like? Lol.  Jesus christ.  The defense appears to be improved significantly and for a total of 6M dollars and you're all wwll I don't like, like it but if we could a #5 defenseman then I'd love it👍

The only thing you can really argue is that with the injury history of Bogosian he may only play 25 games in the season. I still think/hope there's another trade coming to bring in Weegar.

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Weegar

Lethonen - Bogosian

I'd be real happy with that blueline...

4 hours ago, 1_new_name said:

Why would we not be cautious?

Does Dubas have a great track record in bringing in players?

We have to rely on your opinion, which might, or might not be correct?

We'll wait and see, is the right answer.

BTW, I was wrong. Dubas doesn't and hasn't sat on his hands, but now we have to wait and see if all these moves make a significant difference.

Edited by JockDent

"Dubas needs to address the right side of the defence, make the team tougher, and needs to add a veteran to the room."

*Dubas adds Brodie, Simmonds, and Bogosian*

“Why wouldn’t we be cautious? Now we have to wait and see if all these moves make a significant difference.”

For sure JD, the Leafs should have just ran back the same roster so you could complain about them doing nothing instead.

11 minutes ago, JockDent said:

Why would we not be cautious?

Does Dubas have a great track record in bringing in players?

We have to rely on your opinion, which might, or might not be correct?

We'll wait and see, is the right answer.

BTW, I was wrong. Dubas doesn't and hasn't sat on his hands, but now we have to wait and see if all these moves make a significant difference.

Nowhere did I say don't be cautiously optimistic  i can't be overly optimistic anymore either but even you can see tge irony in the statements of the post I was responding to.

13 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

"Dubas needs to address the right side of the defence, make the team tougher, and needs to add a veteran to the room."

*Dubas adds Brodie, Simmonds, and Bogosian*

“Why wouldn’t we be cautious? Now we have to wait and see if all these moves make a significant difference.”

For sure JD, the Leafs should have just ran back the same roster so you could complain about them doing nothing instead.

I apologized for saying Dubas sat on his hands.

Apologies are completely foreign to you, so STFU, Morrie.

Edited by JockDent

I like some of these moves. I don't think Kyle is done. I do think that there might be one more top 4 D RHD to get. He can possibly do that towards the trade deadline or if the opportunity is there he'll pull the trigger.

I still think the LHD log jam is a bit of an issue. He either will move on from Dermott or he'll use Sandin in a trade. I get the feeling that Liljegrin may never get an opportunity with TOR. 

Rielly Brodie

Muzzin ______

Lehtonen Holl

Sandin Bogosian

I think that Bogosian will be used like Tampa used him: number 6/7. I really like Holl, but he's just a 5/6.

Edited by StepOnYou
17 minutes ago, JockDent said:

I, too, would like to see one more rugged, defensive RHD added, but perhaps it's too much to ask at this time.

‘Too much to ask at this time’

Ehhh... if you ever paid any attention, like any at all, instead of being a whiny little bitch, you would know he is far from done. Dubas can flip the entire roster and your fat Cheeto keyboard warrior fingers would still find words to whine like a bitch.

30 minutes ago, brocto said:

‘Too much to ask at this time’

Ehhh... if you ever paid any attention, like any at all, instead of being a whiny little bitch, you would know he is far from done. Dubas can flip the entire roster and your fat Cheeto keyboard warrior fingers would still find words to whine like a bitch.

"You are a piece of shit and you are not bright enough to be funny."

Step's most accurate post EVER!

Were you offended because I told Morrie to STFU, you ass-licker?

You're a fuckin coward, you only pile on when others have initiated. 

Edited by JockDent
6 minutes ago, JockDent said:

"You are a piece of shit and you are not bright enough to be funny."

Step's most accurate post EVER!

This is when you know the love for each other is stronger than our love for the Leafs....congratulations Step and JD hope all works well for you two.

6 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

This is when you know the love for each other is stronger than our love for the Leafs....congratulations Step and JD hope all works well for you two.

Necessity makes for strange bedfellows.