Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An N’Sync fanboy?

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

Just now, Anger Management said:

It isn't the big names but it is toughness and defense on the right side, could we do better? yes but if we ain't moving the big 4 we are gonna bargain bin shop till at least Marner's or Nylander's contracts are done.

Brodie was one of the best D available on the market...

6 minutes ago, Duffman said:

Getting Bogo at $1m is a fucking bargain. If he can stay healthy theres our top 4 RD. Well done Dubas. 

Also not sad about Johnsson getting traded. 

I'm getting over optimistic (as always) but I'd love to see Holl dealt in a package for Weegar to top it all off.

Just now, Morrison7 said:

I'm getting over optimistic (as always) but I'd love to see Holl dealt in a package for Weegar to top it all off.

Weegar is in salary Arb. it will be a bit if the team he plays for accepts the agreement or says bye bye then he becomes a FA.

Just now, Morrison7 said:

I don't think Florida would have much interest in Holl. They already have Ekblad, Stralman and Gudas who are right handed and also have Nutivaara who can slide over to the right side if needed. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dermott was going the other way along with Engvall and a possible pick for Weegar. Then Holl would be dealt for a draft pick to free up some cap space.

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Weegar

Lethonen - Bogosian

Sandin first call up.

9 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Weegar is in salary Arb. it will be a bit if the team he plays for accepts the agreement or says bye bye then he becomes a FA.

you can still trade for him while hes in Arb.... we did that with Ceci last year

17 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

I don't think Florida would have much interest in Holl. They already have Ekblad, Stralman and Gudas who are right handed and also have Nutivaara who can slide over to the right side if needed. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dermott was going the other way along with Engvall and a possible pick for Weegar. Then Holl would be dealt for a draft pick to free up some cap space.

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Weegar

Lethonen - Bogosian

Sandin first call up.

Dubas was talking about how he wants Dermott playing on the right side this season, mentioned nothing about Holl or his role. I don't understand why Florida would sign Gudas when Weegar is a better and younger version of him and would be playing the same role.

12 minutes ago, §andman said:

Rielly - Brodie

Muzzin - Holl

Lehtonen - Bogosian

Do you keep Dermott? Do you trade Holl? Sandin is still there. 

Something's gotta give. I guess Lehtonen could be sent to the minors but I doubt that's the plan. 

Sign Dermott to a bridge deal, trade Holl, have Lehtonen on the roster. He deserves a long look, I don't think Sandin is ready yet.

Edited by Morrison7
Just now, Anger Management said:

Well Leafs window got real short with these acquisitions so next year is the year and Andersen better be real happy with our D cause other teams are gonna get hurt trying to get to our goalie..........well at least i hope it goes that way we shall see.

???????

1 minute ago, Anger Management said:

Well outside of Brodie with the 3 year Bogo is one year and if he can get back to his old self he is a fucking tank....but fine i would say 3 years before Dubas loses his shit on trying to resign Marner and Nylander again.

Brodie's signed for 4 years, Nylander's deal expires in 4 years, Marner's in 5.

Dubas has had a great offseason thus far but we don't even know if he'll be around in 4-5 years. Settle down.

You would think our D is better this year but we'll still see. 

Bogosian (in Buffalo) and Brodie have massive brain fart moments so I don't really like it like it. But I'll be fine giving this d core a chance. 

One thing you cant say is Dubas doesnt make changes and try to adapt. We're injecting some grit into our lineup. If we get Weeger somehow we have a legitimately solid d core.