Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

1 hour ago, 1_new_name said:

I've never seen so many people who have clearly never seen a specific defenseman play before have such negative opinions. 

Oh wait.  Yes I have it's Leaf land and par for the course.  

Cannot wait until ya'll are eating your asses.

Are you gonna leave us like that guy left his own forum that Todd and them were on? LOL looks like the sanity is quickly leaving your body and mind.

Edited by Anger Management
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Dog Taker said:

ok this move has gotten to me, i'm getting more and more hopeful.   probably unwarranted, but i think we're coming back strong.

we just need a 3mil rd with physicality, and we back.

Like? Weegar? who is left in the free agent market worth chasing?

Hopefully the random seizure he got last year isn't going to impact him here. 

On reddit, some Flames fans posted that he is Gardiner 2.0, not sure if mostly saulty, but i've heard it before 1-2 seasons ago... But if he's better than Barrie, we'll be good. Hopefully we still get Weegar. Either way Kerfoot and/or Johansson have to go or Holl/Dermott?

Still a lot of work to do..

2 minutes ago, brocto said:

Hopefully the random seizure he got last year isn't going to impact him here. 

On reddit, some Flames fans posted that he is Gardiner 2.0, not sure if mostly saulty, but i've heard it before 1-2 seasons ago... But if he's better than Barrie, we'll be good. Hopefully we still get Weegar. Either way Kerfoot and/or Johansson have to go or Holl/Dermott?

Still a lot of work to do..

FWIW, a Flames fan I work with is absolutely pissed that the Flames didn’t re-sign him.

32 minutes ago, JockDent said:

I'd like to see Simmonds on the 1st or 2nd line, and the PP where he can make a real difference, not on the 4th line, where he plays 6 minutes a game.

Lol 

This is a disaster if you think he can handle anything more than 4th line mins. 

6 minutes ago, §andman said:

Lol 

This is a disaster if you think he can handle anything more than 4th line mins. 

I have no idea if he can handle it, but I think it's worth a look since the 2 top lines and the PP  weren't exactly awesome in the qualifiers.

Edited by JockDent
1 hour ago, JockDent said:

I'd like to see Simmonds on the 1st or 2nd line, and the PP where he can make a real difference, not on the 4th line, where he plays 6 minutes a game.

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

Simmonds would be an unreal addition to the top six, if it was 2016.

yeah i'd assume he'll be on that 3rd line with the ability to move around abit on temporary basis if injuries occur, and likely some second pp unit time as well.

50 minutes ago, JockDent said:

I have no idea if he can handle it, but I think it's worth a look since the 2 top lines and the PP  weren't exactly awesome in the qualifiers.

well, once he starts playing on the 3rd for abit we'll know pretty quickly what he has left without even having to put him on the top line.  

7 minutes ago, JockDent said:

I know nothing about Brodie, just as I knew nothing about Barrie before he came to the Leafs.

I've heard him described as Gardiner 2. Hopefully that's not true.

Let's hope things turn out better this time.

I think Gardiner is a poor comparison. Brodie is very good at shot suppression and not giving the puck away. Gardiner used to fall asleep on the PP when the puck was turned over.

8 minutes ago, JockDent said:

I know nothing about Brodie, just as I knew nothing about Barrie before he came to the Leafs.

I've heard him described as Gardiner 2. Hopefully that's not true.

Let's hope things turn out better this time.

Most definitely not Gardiner 2 because Brodie is actual good defensively, doesn't panic when pressure is on him to move the puck, isn't afraid of contact, etc.  He does make the occasional wtf play but really any defenseman that isn't a legit #1 does this.

I wonder if the Gardiner comparison just comes because he was the scapegoat for the Leafs, and since Brodie was the scapegoat for the Flames, they just put both in the same comparison.. or one bonehead play each player made that was similar to the other?... 

He’s got the benefit of the doubt and I’m actually glad Rielly will finally have someone that, on paper, he should click with. He can focus on his offense rush, while Brodie covers for him

In my opinion., Brodie is what I was hoping what Gardiner was going to become after that one playoffs in 2013 where he was really good.  But he never got there.  If wtf gaffes were a stat though, they would probably compare to each other I suppose but it's much easier to forgive with Brodie since he does everything else right.

Man... Babcock screwed him over so much lol he went from most likely cash in long term on a team to this.... Not sure how he'll do in Edmonton with their garbage defense/goalies... Last thing they need is an offensive defender, but.. oh well..

Edited by brocto