Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An N’Sync fanboy?

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

Just now, Duffman said:

I mean really that just puts them all (TOR VGK STL) on equal ground as they'd all have to clear cap to sign him now. 

Canes gonna end up taking Fleury for a 7th and Vegas will retain exactly enough that they can squeeze in Pietro. They'll make it work, probably throw in Alec, he's got 1 year left at 4m.

3 minutes ago, 1_new_name said:

He was as responsible for the strength of that pairing as Gio.  And in fact, when Gio played without him, Gio looked markedly less effective. That's why the experiment didn't last long.

Hope you're right.

I'm pretty skeptical.  

1 minute ago, brocto said:

Canes gonna end up taking Fleury for a 7th and Vegas will retain exactly enough that they can squeeze in Pietro. They'll make it work, probably throw in Alec, he's got 1 year left at 4m.

I think the retention will come from a 3rd team like Detroit or something. Also Carolina has no need for Martinez. 

2 minutes ago, Doc J said:

T.J. Brodie's contract with the #leafs includes a no-movement clause, which means he'll be protected in the Seattle expansion draft.

— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) October 10, 2020

I wonder if that means the Leafs go 4-4-1 for the ED. Are there any eligible forwards really worth protecting after the big 4? 

edit: fuck me I forgot about Hyman. 

Edited by Duffman
Just now, Duffman said:

I wonder if that means the Leafs go 4-4-1 for the ED. Are there any eligible forwards really worth protecting after the big 4? 

Now Johnston has changed his story. 

Not sure which is correct to be honest.  

I guess it depends on when the clause expires.  

I don't hate the signing of Brodie. Similar to Simmonds. I don't hate or like it.

It depends what else is done. Clearly cap is getting moved - I expect Kerfoot/Andersen//Dermott/Johnsson in that order. Johnsson least because of his poor injury riddled season. 

I still see Dermott + being the package the Leafs go with to try and grab a RHD. Might even be Timmy L going as the +. Not much in terms of F prospects to give up. 

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander 
Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Engvall - Barabanov
Simmonds - Spezza - Korshkov 

If you move Kerfoot and Johnsson. That bottom 6 is looking rough, though. Engvall wasn't very good at C in his brief stint, either.

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Lehtonen
Sandin/Timmy L/Marincin/Rosen