Jump to content

Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An N’Sync fanboy?

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, §andman said:

Kinda forgot about him. Do we still have him under contract?

He plays that "big bottom 6" game people want..

Not sure he’s bottom 6 material, and I mean that in a good way.  
 

Not really grinder, or pk’er, but he seems to know where to be when playing with good players, and goes to the net with a purpose.  Sorta like a poor mans JVR in terms of hands, but with much better wheels, and a bit of menace.  
 

Would like to see him get a few looks with JT or Matthews in camp, whenever the hell that is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Maybe it's just time to play the kids...

What's the worst that can happen..... Miss the playoffs?

😏

That might happen anyway.

Dubas has said nothing is likely to happen with the Leafs until at least Monday.

By next week at this time, we should have a pretty good idea of where the Leafs are going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dog Taker said:

So then the other obvious name is Tanev.  Tanev’s never put up over 20 points in a season, so offensively he’s abit of a black hole, but i wonder if he could compliment rielly nicely?

what do we think of tanev at what he’ll likely get, say 4-5 mil per season, for 4-5 years?

another question is, where does gudas slot in at?  most people dont see him as a top pairing guy right?  so he wont be playing with morgan then, and do u want a muzzin-gudas pairing?   if not, he’s simply too expensive to pay for a bottom pairing guy.

Hasn't Tanev had some injury issues? He's another one I don't know a lot about.

15 hours ago, Tristan28 said:

Put Marner on the top pairing D. How is that for creative?

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but if people were frustrated by Kaberle they would despise marner - even more than many already do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With rumors Savard and Weeger are available I think we go in all in after them. Weeger especially. We need a solid D to play top pairing with Rielly. That's him. 

If we get Savard and Weeger we can use either one with Muzzin or Rielly. We would solve our whole RHD problem. We'd have to get rid of two of Johnson, Kerfoot and Holl/Dermott to fit them but I think it's worth it. I hope we can score one at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NotCool said:

With rumors Savard and Weeger are available I think we go in all in after them. Weeger especially. We need a solid D to play top pairing with Rielly. That's him. 

If we get Savard and Weeger we can use either one with Muzzin or Rielly. We would solve our whole RHD problem. We'd have to get rid of two of Johnson, Kerfoot and Holl/Dermott to fit them but I think it's worth it. I hope we can score one at least.

Agreed. Savard would be a real nice addition. Perfect partner for Rielly IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Johnny's Home said:

Tanev has never played a full season, he hasn't even played 70 games since 14/15. 69 this year with the shortened season, but still..

What's the point of signing a guy that can't stay in the lineup? 

I've heard this criticism for years about Tanev. Do people on hockey forums have any new material? Wendel Clark had an injury filled career, but TOR made him captain and had him back a few times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StepOnYou said:

I've heard this criticism for years about Tanev. Do people on hockey forums have any new material? Wendel Clark had an injury filled career, but TOR made him captain and had him back a few times.

Clark was worth the risk, Tanev isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Johnny's Home said:

Tanev has never played a full season, he hasn't even played 70 games since 14/15. 69 this year with the shortened season, but still..

What's the point of signing a guy that can't stay in the lineup? 

Jake Muzzin has only played 82 games twice in his career, but no one here is fucking talking shit about his injury ladened career!! JESUS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...