Your 2020 - 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems Dubas is bringing in players that will compete. We certainly don't have enough of those type of players on our team. So why the complaining?

Lets drop the personal attacks please. This is the Leafs section not the bitch to/about each other section.

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying arimov is a small soft winger.   he's 170, 6' at 18.... he'll be 195-200 by 22 easily, and not a single scouting reports that he avoids contact...

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, 1_new_name said:

Some dude said we should bring Woll in as the starting goalie.  I shit you not.

Jesus christ. I think Lehnars a ufa. Not sure what hed cost.  Dont get me wrong freddys been great for us, but fucking soft fucking goals in big games are getting tiresome year after fucking year 

Edited by LRFE

I assume Lehtonen and Barabanov will be on the Leafs next season. Both probably because we need the cheap player depth. Sandin as well.

Rielly/Muzzin/Holl/Sandin... leaves you room for 2. Dermott probably gets dealt along with Timmy L. Lehtonen as the 6/7 D and you hopefully get a team willing to trade a good top 4 for a Kapanen/Dermott/Timmy L package.  

Although how many quality top 4 D guys make less than 6M that we can fit in? 

What a mess. 

12 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Yes, we really need Sabres goalies to make us better.

Ullmark is pretty good. It would create a 1A-1B with Campbell and you ride the hot hand. Not to mention you'd be able to sign Ullmark 3x3 I'm sure saving us 2 million to invest into a proper blueline. I don't think Korpisalo and Elvis are top goaltenders in the league but played like it cause Columbus made it SO difficult for the Leafs to get actual dangerous opportunities with any kind of screen infront. I'd ideally go after Blackwood, ideally sign him to say 3x3.5 or even 4 and it's still a win IMO. We need to invest a lot more into our blueline. Defence wins championships.

11 minutes ago, §andman said:

I assume Lehtonen and Barabanov will be on the Leafs next season. Both probably because we need the cheap player depth. Sandin as well.

Rielly/Muzzin/Holl/Sandin... leaves you room for 2. Dermott probably gets dealt along with Timmy L. Lehtonen as the 6/7 D and you hopefully get a team willing to trade a good top 4 for a Kapanen/Dermott/Timmy L package.  

Although how many quality top 4 D guys make less than 6M that we can fit in? 

What a mess. 

Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, Sandin and Lethonen... Still a fucking mess IMO back there.

13 hours ago, LRFE said:

Jesus christ. I think Lehnars a ufa. Not sure what hed cost.  Dont get me wrong freddys been great for us, but fucking soft fucking goals in big games are getting tiresome year after fucking year 

I think our goalie scouts, or scouts in general suck.

How can other teams like Rangers and Columbus come up with backup goalies that are better than Freddie, and we can't even draft one decent goalie.

2 minutes ago, JockDent said:

I think our goalie scouts, or scouts in general suck.

How can other teams like Rangers and Columbus come up with backup goalies that are better than Freddie, and we can't even draft one decent goalie.

Let's not pretend every team has 3 quality goaltenders like the Rangers. But I do agree and haven't been really impressed with our drafting lately outside Robertson. Hunter is definitely missed there.

1 minute ago, Matthews34 said:

Rielly, Muzzin, Holl, Sandin and Lethonen... Still a fucking mess IMO back there.

There's a huge problem that the Leafs aren't even aware of, that they need to correct.

They don't have a true #1 D.

Those who think Rielly is a true #1 D are dreaming, and you only get those through insightful drafting.

Just now, Matthews34 said:

Let's not pretend every team has 3 quality goaltenders like the Rangers. But I do agree and haven't been really impressed with our drafting lately outside Robertson. Hunter is definitely missed there.

How many top goaltenders in the league were not picked in the 1st round?

I haven't done my research, but I would bet there are plenty.

the idea was that the offence could outscore the defensive liabilities.

didnt happen

remove the defensive liabilities and this team can move forward

2 of the last 3 years, the leafs have taken a dman in the first round.

the fruit has to ripen before it can be graded.

Liljegren and Sandin full time next year hopefully. 

Can't be any worse than what we saw this year.

Time for Dubas to move some F for a D. 

Get the team balanced.

We've got to stop targeting losers from loser organizations or castoffs from good organizations.  Trade a hell of a player for a hell of a player. No more Barrie's to fix the d problems, no more Kerfoot's. No more Ceci's Move someone that's going to hurt like hell to move for something that will make you forget that hurt.

And no.more building this team like a 12 year old me at the helm of NHL 94.

• Raiden pinned this topic