Inaugural LC Yahoo Fantasy Buy-In League

By popular demand, this is the first Leafs Connected Buy-In Yahoo Fantasy League, which will hopefully became an annual affair.

Cost: $20

Payout Structure: (8 x $20 = $160)

President's Trophy - $50

Season 2nd - $20

Season 3rd - $10

Playoffs Champ - $50

Playoffs 2nd - $20

Playoffs 3rd - $10

= $80 + $80 = $160

Format: Head to Head, non-keeper league

Teams: 8 (4 more can join and adjust the above payout structure)

Join Link: Here

Roster Size: C C C LW LW LW RW RW RW D D D D UTIL UTIL , G G , BN BN BN BN BN [3 IR+] (184 players, 23 rounds)

Settings: Goals, Assists, Points, +/-, PIMs, PPP, Shots, Hits / Wins, SV%, GAA

(8/3 ratio right now, up for discussion, currently weighted to reward points higher than stuff like shots and hits)

Draft: Hopefully live on Yahoo, otherwise in a thread on LC if there's not a time that works for everyone, TBD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioning everyone who has confirmed interest:

@@brocto

@@Armster

@@Vin4DaWin

@@Debaser

@@Kezio

@@TieClark
@@Danny

There's room for up to 4 more.

Things to determine/discuss:

- How many teams make the playoffs, if the payout is split, consider all 8 making it? - in order to control for the issue of managers quitting early and affecting the integrity of the league

Edited by Mr. Manager
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By popular demand, this is the first Leafs Connected Buy-In Yahoo Fantasy League, which will hopefully became an annual affair.   Cost: $20   Payout Structure: (8 x $20 = $160)   President's Tro

Fuck me why can I not remember to set this shit   I haven't set a lineup since like November

Vin why tf do you have so many habs on your team? This is some bullshit

I dont think a live draft will happen.. It's going to be hard to find a proper day/time. Especially since the season starts soon.

So should we do the draft in a thread? Mr manager decides the drafting order at random and each person, when its their tuRn, posts the name of the player they pick and at the end, Mr Manager can just assign the player to the team?

If this is too much work, i can help out by assigning picked players to the proper person

Once we know the amount of participants for this,...... knowing the draft order in advance would help time wise as people could project their picks and prepare a bit more for draft time.

also if we did do it live on yahoo...how long does each person get to draft before there time runs out? Can this be modified or does the live mock draft resemble what it will be like?

Edited by Danny

You can modify it.

But I suggest we dont do a live draft if we cant get an evening where everyone can be on at the same time for about 2 straight hours.

We can even do the draft in the forums chat. Dont get me wrong - i prefer live draft too - but i know from experience it is really hard to get everyone together for it.

You can modify it.

But I suggest we dont do a live draft if we cant get an evening where everyone can be on at the same time for about 2 straight hours.

We can even do the draft in the forums chat. Dont get me wrong - i prefer live draft too - but i know from experience it is really hard to get everyone together for it.

That is what I was hinting at as well but some may also think if we could be here we could be there,..anyways as long as we communicate it now and plan out as much as possible all should go well.

This week I do work nights and turnaround on day shifts next week. 7am untill 3:30pm and 3:30pm -12:30 am (night scheduled hours) I was kinda hoping a weekend works good for everyone involved.

Since there hasn't bee any contribution towards the $10/20 decision or payout decision, I have set it at $20 and to be split evenly between the regular season and playoffs, and to be structured as follows:

(8 x $20 = $160)

President's Trophy - $50

Season 2nd - $20

Season 3rd - $10

Playoffs Champ - $50

Playoffs 2nd - $20

Playoffs 3rd - $10

= $80 + $80 = $160

Edit: Also adjusted the rosters so there's 23 rounds * 8 teams = 184 players drafted which is a good number as far as not too many good players left over but not to slim pickings either, included 3 IR+ spots since we have larger rosters, and IR+ instead of IR since Yahoo is terrible at properly updating statuses

Edited by Mr. Manager

i'm not involved but i don't think 2nd or 3rd in regular season deserve anything. nor does 3rd in playoffs

It is nice to make the 3rd place game mean something though, difference between $10 and $0, 

and rewarding top 3 both ways makes sense IMO, you go could 3rd and 3rd and then get your money back

Edited by Mr. Manager

People can start $20 interac e-transfers to t19ruff@gmail.com if that works (same email as I have showing in the league) and I will plug everyone's league emails into a draft randomizer shortly and then we can start the draft in this thread. I'll create a google sheet to track picks and update the league with the picks as well as the draft progresses assuming that is an option. 

Doesn't look like we'll get 2 more so obviously I will also finalize the team list at that time