Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

It looks like you can find it as well, if you miss it they replay it and they choose the best game and put it on replay Sunday night?  That'd be sweet.  380 is a pretty huge number, I'd love to get that kind of coverage here for a fair price.  Maybe NBCSN is crazy priced, but that's some serious coverage.

It's crazy.  English football - more coverage 3000 miles away than it does in its own country/area.  Football is truly no longer a game - it's just a business now.  Two examples in two days - this ludicrous deal and the SPL's attempted rehash of the Scottish league structure.  And all for the worse.

One last example - Yaya Toure's new contract is £220,000 a week.  A WEEK.  Fucking ludicrous - people starving in his home country and he's making almost £12 million a year on wages alone.  Incredibly disgusting.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

Gotze going to Bayern makes Bayern a ridiculous team next season. No-one will be able to compete with them next season.

Also, Suarez gets a 10 match suspension. I thought max 6-8, but boy are they sending out a message - no cannibalism on the football pitch kids.

German football is the perfect model for the English game. Not so much flair as Spanish, but hard working and disciplined teamwork. Cheap tickets too.

I've just spent nearly £400 to see second division football next season. In Germany it's between £104 and £500. At Arsenal, it's between £990 and £2000 for a season ticket.

Bayern's commercial income is 55% of turnover. Arsenal's is 22%. You also get free rail travel to games in Germany. 

I only like to watch one or two premiership matches. It's too overhyped here. I enjoy watching the championship more. Not just because my team is there. Less fannying around. Faster. Albeit less skill. 

Try streaming for german footy :)

I only like to watch one or two premiership matches. It's too overhyped here. I enjoy watching the championship more. Not just because my team is there. Less fannying around. Faster. Albeit less skill. 

Try streaming for german footy :)

I normally stream the matches, I'd much rather have it on the TV though haha!

Gotze going to Bayern makes Bayern a ridiculous team next season. No-one will be able to compete with them next season.

Also, Suarez gets a 10 match suspension. I thought max 6-8, but boy are they sending out a message - no cannibalism on the football pitch kids.

He got 7 games for that in the Netherlands, so he has previous!