Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

How can anything to do with MLS get your hopes up? I watched the Whitecaps for a season or two and gave up. I think i would get more entertainment following Notts County.

Getting an in their prime player for one.

How can anything to do with MLS get your hopes up? I watched the Whitecaps for a season or two and gave up. I think i would get more entertainment following Notts County.

Lot to be said for following the lower divisions of the Football League, in spite of all the hype the Premier League is a really crappy competition, like who didn't know before a ball was kicked that the nauseating Mourinho had already bought the title, the EPL is getting as bad as the SPL. I've always followed Norwich City & Leyton Orient a bit.

I am not knocking your team, i just find the skill level in general is so low.

That's the point in signing guys from Europe.

MLS is certainly not an upper echelon league, but the competition is at least even. Easier to get excited about improving a team's chance to win...even if their best season ever was still massively disappointing.

ARSENAL WANT GABRIEL PAULISTA

Arsenal are interested in signing Villarreal defender Gabriel Paulista – but the Spaniards will only sell in this transfer window if a club meets his buy-out clause of around £15m, according to Sky sources.

Arsene Wenger said last weekend that signing a defender is his priority this month and it seems 245-year-old Brazilian Gabriel is a target.

Damn man, I don't want to fall under the hype train again with TFC, but if I move back in the summer I may have to get a flex pack or something.

Same. I feel like I've been through this before, but the bastards are being active enough...

Edited by HBCYG

Same. I feel like I've been through this before, but the bastards are being active enough...

Yup. Actually, I went to a few matches the summer before I left since I lived a five minute walk to BMO, tickets were cheap since it was near the end of the season and they were way out of it. It was the summer before they signed Defoe so there were no big names, but I absolutely loved the atmosphere and that's why I started getting hooked on soccer. I sat with the Red Patch Boys and it was just a ton of fun. Good to see them spending as well. I love when people say they don't like MLS because it's amateur-tier or something as if people don't know that, it's fun for what it is and I don't think anybody is dumb enough to sit there and think they'd compete with Europe's best.

Yup. Actually, I went to a few matches the summer before I left since I lived a five minute walk to BMO, tickets were cheap since it was near the end of the season and they were way out of it. It was the summer before they signed Defoe so there were no big names, but I absolutely loved the atmosphere and that's why I started getting hooked on soccer. I sat with the Red Patch Boys and it was just a ton of fun. Good to see them spending as well. I love when people say they don't like MLS because it's amateur-tier or something as if people don't know that, it's fun for what it is and I don't think anybody is dumb enough to sit there and think they'd compete with Europe's best.

For me i grew up watching the old NASL, i found it quite a bit more entertaining than MLS. Also, you are moving back to Toronto now?

For me i grew up watching the old NASL, i found it quite a bit more entertaining than MLS. Also, you are moving back to Toronto now?

Yeah, a guy I used to work with used to tell me about the NASL but that was before my time, so I never really got the chance to watch much.

I may be moving back. The plan was to be out for a few years at least, but I just can't find work man. Still at this shitty office job, so I'm paying bills and saving a bit of cash at least, but just can't get into anything I really want to do. I may have a job lined up with a friend back home which will be much more suited to me, but it's not a sure thing yet.

TBF MLS would be, in general, at Mid-low Championship level in the UK, which isn't too shabby.