Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

As somebody who knows a bit about football, that has little or nothing to do with the person in the net.

Noticing a difference while one or the other is in net means nothing towards how good one is? Edited by TieClark

While playing with a defence of current MLS calibre a whole range of what a top end keeper does becomes irrelevant as he will effectively dummy down his game to that level, hopefully he is helping with defensive systems. Cesar is a full international on arguably the greatest national football team in the world.

Neil Lennon left Celtic this morning. Not surprised he chose to call it a day after all the shit he has had to put up with in Glasgow over the years. David Moyes considered amongst the favourites to take over alongside names like Lambert and Malky Mackay. I would be good with any of those guys but I think given the chance Moyes could do a great job.

Neil Lennon left Celtic this morning. Not surprised he chose to call it a day after all the shit he has had to put up with in Glasgow over the years. David Moyes considered amongst the favourites to take over alongside names like Lambert and Malky Mackay. I would be good with any of those guys but I think given the chance Moyes could do a great job.

Somehow that seems a really good fit for Moyes.

It's unfortunate, but I can't say unexpected. I agree with cal, Moyes seems like a good fit. I think he got a raw deal at ManU, even with his faults.

Following Fergie was the ultimate poisoned chalice, especially with an aging flawed Utd that overperformed the season before. They will be vastly improved next season & would have been with Moyes also.

I think the most incredible piece of news I've heard today concerns David Luiz.  PSG are reported to want him and have bid £40 million (50m euros) for him, making him the most expensive "defender" in history.  

I put defender in inverted commas because he can't defend.  He is utterly hopeless at defending and Chelsea will be laughing all the way to the bank (and to Madrid to sign Diego Costa) if this is true. Always out of position, always wanting to go forward, always loses his man, can't tackle, dives more than Ronaldo, Messi and Bale combined - but he's worth £40 million?  Erm, no.  Just no.

TFC got so lucky. Allowed a goal close to the end of the game to give KC the lead, and then in extra time,TFC manages to score and tie it up to at least get a point out of this. Real test will be after World Cup when TFC has so much more games because right now they're about 3 or so games behind most of the league.