Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

Oi @@Tiagom , you going to any of the World Cup games? If you are you will be expected to provide detailed reports. :)

Hello, Im going to Africa, Im against the world cup and olympic games in Brazil, a lot of friends around the world are coming, and will stay in my apartment. But I won't go, and Im not support Brazil national team. Anyway, I can post here reports of course, all my family and friends are going and I will have a lot of news about it.

Hello, Im going to Africa, Im against the world cup and olympic games in Brazil, a lot of friends around the world are coming, and will stay in my apartment. But I won't go, and Im not support Brazil national team. Anyway, I can post here reports of course, all my family and friends are going and I will have a lot of news about it.

Can I ask why?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Can I ask why?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Oh, it will be a long post, and I have some english mistakes. So, forgive me.

Brazil is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Its difficult live here and give 37% of your payment for the government every month, live without good public transports (TTC is too much better), security, education, health conditions...

Everybody who works with politics is corrupt, actually, I can say that 99%, and Im not joking...

For the world cup, they projected spend 10% of the money that they already spent, and its sad know that more than a half of this money went for the pocket of some corrupt engineers and political members...

I don't remember how much money exactly, but Ronaldo says that "Hospitals don't construct world cup".

Its sad need to heard what Ronaldo and Pelé says, because they're fucking stupids.

Last year we had some manifestations against the corruption in Brazil, but we have one serious problem, everybody here is addict of soccer. Was the biggest manifestation of the last 20 years maybe... Its became to be good for us, but then, Brazil won the confederations cup, and in the next day, the manifestations stopped for people celebrate, so, everybody forgot it.

Pelé says that was great won the Confederations cup because the manifestations could be bad for world cup.

Im afraid about what will happen after olympic games and world cup, because we're not rich, we don't have too much money, and the same thing that happened in Greece can happens here.

We know some white elephants here, I will give you one example:

In amazonas they have some football teams, the average of publics on the stadiums there is less than 600 people per game, and they're constructing one stadium for more than 60000 people, billions of dollars, after world cup, probably the stadium will be close, because its expensive and will give us a lot of injury.

Another big problem, in Brazil is not like north america, we have a public organization who control soccer here, called CBF, they're very corrupt... In 2005, Corinthians bought the national competition, they discovery it after heard some phone calls between the president of CBF and President of Corinthians, you know what happens? Nothing.

Its a long history, but unfortunately, the biggest television station (globo) here is corrupt as well, and for them, its excellent when Corinthians or Flamengo win some thing.

Nowadays, the President of Corinthians controls CBF, he is very important there, and a public and national bank give corinthians $30 millions/year just for put the name of the bank on the jersey.

Its difficult win a championship here if your team are not from Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo, globo wants that teams from there win everything.

Few weeks ago, a important player here declared that Nike pick the most part of the players to go to world cup in 2006, here, is not the best players who goes to world cup, its the players who are sponsored by nike, or a really good player...

Its how the things works here, I can keep here writing more things about the corruption here... Its ridiculous and Im not support it. So, during the world cups, the only thing that I will do, its leave.

We'll have one month of holidays here for world cup. And we'll not pay it after world cup, they just cut one month of classes in school and universities. Lol

Tldr, forgive me about my english!

Edited by Tiagom

@@Tiagom - Nothing to apologise there. Your English is fine, and it was interesting to hear an inside view on it. It is sad to see all the corruption and I really hope you are wrong and  both are a success for you and your country, and you don't end up like Greece.