Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

On 8/3/2020 at 4:34 AM, TuckerIntensity said:

We showed mettle at times under Arteta, thankfully got into Europe so maybe Kroenke spends some money. 

How you enjoying Kieran Tierney so far?

I have been hearing he is getting good reviews.

Celtic set to sign Albian Ajeti from West Ham for 5 million today. Genuinely excited with the ambition of this signing. Another good forward to play with Edouard should be a massive help to us. Also apparently holding talks with Shane Duffy, but doubt he comes as someone in England will be able to pay higher wages. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

Yeah... massive changes and I also think Messi might still consider leaving, regardless of big changes or not... the core leading the club will obviously remain and they’ll get rid of some random, non important people in their staff

On 8/13/2020 at 7:28 AM, Ovechkinator said:

How you enjoying Kieran Tierney so far?

I have been hearing he is getting good reviews.

Celtic set to sign Albian Ajeti from West Ham for 5 million today. Genuinely excited with the ambition of this signing. Another good forward to play with Edouard should be a massive help to us. Also apparently holding talks with Shane Duffy, but doubt he comes as someone in England will be able to pay higher wages. 

Biased, but love him. He's really become a fan favourite. He pushes the play down the wing, gets the fuck back, and has a winning mentality. The latter was sorely needed. Sounds like he's made an impression on Arteta. Really liking our left side with him, Saka, and Auba. Even as the left side of a three at the back where he pushes wide when we have possession, he makes it look easy. Unlike Kolasinac who should be better at being in the middle.

I feel the only complaints I have are likely due to lack of playing time due to injury. Usually marking on set pieces... But, that's really a team issue.

My favourite thing is probably him rolling of the bus with his shit in a bag from Tesco.

13 hours ago, Ovechkinator said:

Barcelona smacked about by Bayern last night. Probably the final nail in the coffin of one of the greatest teams I have ever seen. Radical changes coming. 

¿Donde esta Señor Pochettino? 

It was embarrassing how little they seemed to care enough to try and stop conceding. Or the lack of adjustment frm the manager. It was the 77th minute before they started trying to get Messi away from Davies.

Speaking of, that Kimmich goal that I want to call a Davies goal. Damn. 

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, it's been the same for many years... I believe Arsenal has won the community shield like what? the last 14 out of 15 times they played it? And then every fan says that 'this is the year' (like the Leafs fans) to then proceed and be done with the season mid November.

Nonetheless, great win. Hopefully this time it is different.

10 hours ago, brocto said:

LOL, it's been the same for many years... I believe Arsenal has won the community shield like what? the last 14 out of 15 times they played it? And then every fan says that 'this is the year' (like the Leafs fans) to then proceed and be done with the season mid November.

Nonetheless, great win. Hopefully this time it is different.

This is assuredly not the year. Not until they sign a back bone defensive guy and they get Ozil to disappear in an unfortunate loofah accident in a Turkish bath house. Actually playing like they're interested in the top 4 at all is a nice change though. 

Liverpool should have walked us today in most universes and Arteta inspires more hope that we haven't seen since before Wenger stopped signing people. 

Edited by HBCYG

Ya, the worst part is that his creativity is the biggest thing we're lacking for the front three. I'm not sure how he goes from every game before the break to not a minute after. Unlike Emery, who was a total disaster, I'm more willing to let Arteta did what he does (plus he's getting results that look like progress), but it seems like its political.

I don't care though, let's get the kids going and get them time.

• 2 weeks later...