Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, Calico said:

Pochettino fired at Spurs, idiots should have backed him, not sacked him!

How are you feeling about Jose? The last few weeks I was pretty Poch out (soon was not expecting it to be before January) then it happened and it sunk in. Now with Jose, you get arguably one of the best winning managers of this era, but a potential (likely) circus to follow. Hard to read.

I'm expecting:

Gaz

KWP - Toby - Sanchez - Rose

Dier - Tanguy

Moura - Dele/Lo Celso - Son

Harry

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In some fun news, Neymar Jr, famous soccer player, who is 28 years old has a "new" "step-dad."

Now, that isn't very funny is it?

Well, said "step-dad" is 22 years old. His mother is in her 50's. "step-dad" is a gamer and tik-tok'er. 

It's almost as good of a story as Hulk, also a Brazilian soccer player, who left his wife to marry her niece. 

*Step-dad; Not officially, but hey, close enough. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well fucking fuck me! Needed a point from two games to make the play offs. Even if we lost both the games, we needed to lose a 7 goal advantage! Concede a goal in the 93rd minute on sunday which would have sealed our place. 

Tonight, still a point needed. But just a five goal swing now. Miss three good chances to score then concede against the run of play. Swansea also score. So three goals swing across both games would do it. 

60 odd minutes both games are now 1-1. So, again 5 goal swing needed in last 30 mins.....

Swansea go on to beat reading 4-1 and Forest lost 4-1 at home to Stoke. 

I cannot actually believe what I have witnessed, even though i expected it. 

• 2 weeks later...