Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

England are 33/1 to win the World Cup.   For those who don't understand betting, this means if you bet £20 you will lose £20.

Sure, some veterans in the locker room might help, but I'm not sure you need a relic.     Probably still faster than Mertesacker though.

I didn't think I'd be the one sick of Emery this quick. Wish we took a run at Eddie Howe.

While major problems reside higher than the manager, this is getting ridiculous. Fifth formation in as many games. Keep playing all the underwhelming defensive players and continue to exile Ozil (ill my ass) when 1) we desperately need creativity and 2) we continue to push Ramsey into matches when we let him walk and signed Ozil to a record deal.

2 hours ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I didn't think I'd be the one sick of Emery this quick. Wish we took a run at Eddie Howe.

While major problems reside higher than the manager, this is getting ridiculous. Fifth formation in as many games. Keep playing all the underwhelming defensive players and continue to exile Ozil (ill my ass) when 1) we desperately need creativity and 2) we continue to push Ramsey into matches when we let him walk and signed Ozil to a record deal.

You knew it wasn't going to be an overnight fix... but a couple more signings would have been nice by now. And that whole probably alienating your stars thing. 

54 minutes ago, HBCYG said:

You knew it wasn't going to be an overnight fix... but a couple more signings would have been nice by now. And that whole probably alienating your stars thing. 

I don't think not losing for 20 matches helped either. This false perception we're better than we thought when really we are still terrible defensively. But zero signings and the only loan in was to replace Ozil who is not anywhere close to the problem.

Would've been beaten by most PL teams today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...