• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting on Monday, Raw is on Sportsnet 360!   Felt more fitting posting this in here since stanley cup thread people would prob bash it more:  

WWE's tribute vid to Paul Bearer

WWE is up there with CBC as far as quality of the production of video packages:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMbou5hFETs

Cain signed a multi year deal with the WWE and withdrew from the USADA testing pool. he's gon get real juicy
WWE does its own drug testing! Not as honest as the UFC and other sports but its there for the obvious.
It's honest...ish lol.

Guys have been suspended for failing, most recent I can remember is Reigns being suspended right before his big Shield WWE Title triple threat, so he missed the build for it but the suspension ended right before the PPV.

And in WWEs testing, they don't test part timers. Not sure what deal Cain has, but I'm sure it's not the 250+ days a year on the road full time deal others got. Doubt it's a Lesnar deal either, but probably closer to a Rousey deal. The "I'm in it for the long haul" deal which ends up lasting several months through WM and then just goes back to personal life, but still under wwe contract.
Lesnar vs Velasquez for the WWE is set for the Saudi show. If Cain manages to wins this, I can see them going for another Goldberg vs Lesnar type of storyline between the two where Brock wins the title back at Mania.
Cain I could see winning.....by DQ or something like that.
1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

.. please don’t tell me you actually believe that the guys in the WWE aren’t on steroids. 

Probably are but WWE doesn't do stringent testing like other sports. Like Maj said its more for the full timers who are on the road for 3/4 of the year. Not everyone can get jacked like these guys do without some juicing. 

WWE regulars aren't on steroids. After the Eddie and especially Benoit stuff, they've been real strict on these types of things.

As soon as Eddie died and they implemented that wellness policy, many guys got suspended, and some came back looming much thinner.

Stars of today I doubt take anything. Maybe part timers do, who knows, but I doubt the others do. They're all gym rats, hitting up gyms in every town they ever visit, doing things like crossfit, much more athletic stars of today than 10-20 years ago.

Guys today could run circles around many of the big time names in terms of athleticism. Guys in past on steroids were obviously way stronger and more larger than life.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Boneyard match, watch it.

All matches in the arena were weird too get used to still. Just doesn't work as well having regular wrestling with no fans.

The Taker vs AJ match though, that was special and definitely the main takeaway from this WM. Nobody will remember in a few months that Alexa and Cross won women's tag titles or Zayn retained IC title, but they'll remember the boneyard match.

1 hour ago, majingir said:

Boneyard match, watch it.

All matches in the arena were weird too get used to still. Just doesn't work as well having regular wrestling with no fans.

The Taker vs AJ match though, that was special and definitely the main takeaway from this WM. Nobody will remember in a few months that Alexa and Cross won women's tag titles or Zayn retained IC title, but they'll remember the boneyard match.

Good stopped watching after Rollins and Owens. So don't spoil it. 

• 2 weeks later...

WWE not holding back on budget cuts.

They've fired at least 20 people. Some have been there for decades.

Biggest names are ones like Fit Finlay (one of biggest supporters and helpers for the current womens division), Mike Chioda (been a ref since the 80s), and many backstage workers and guys on legends deals like Kurt Angle.

Gallows/Anderson is biggest shock to me in terms of the active roster names.

• 8 months later...